Embracing illness as soul-initiation
A TRANSFORMATIONAL Group PROGRAM for those Living with Chronic Illness
October 15 - December 17, 2018 in Calgary, Canada
Our culture does little in helping us understand or explore health challenges as growth opportunities and provides little encouragement or guidance in doing anything but suppressing, resisting, or denying our suffering. If you’re experiencing a chronic illness you may feel lost, ashamed, alone, confused, and even betrayed by a higher power. I felt all these things in my own undergoing.
In this group, we explore illness as an opportunity to grow, and as a rite of passage that invites us to transform at the deepest level we are able. Each stage of initiation requires different navigational tools and considerations if we want to move through the process effectively in a way that is both self-enriching and life-enriching.
Using the insight provided by an initiation framework, we’re able to reframe our suffering as a meaningful and life-affirming journey, one that acknowledges where we are and what we’re going through regardless of how uncomfortable it may be.
Set aside this time to join a healing community and to listen deeply to the wisdom of your body and soul.
Imagine being in a beautiful, nurturing space surrounded by others who are also on a healing journey and who are asking the big questions. Envision being lovingly and gently guided through inspiring explorations by a compassionate guide who has lived through a similar experience as the one you may be having. Imagine returning to your life after each session with new insight, clarity, and wisdom that can actually make a difference in your healing and in your quality of life. Envision making meaningful connections with others, with yourself, and with life itself.
six ENRICHING live sessions include:
- Centering and mindfulness practices
- Psychospiritual education on initiation as it pertains to the chronic illness experience
- Embodiment, breathwork, and gentle movement*
- Visualization and deep imagery work
- Ritual and ceremony
- Rest, silence, and stillness
- Journaling with powerful reflection questions
- Heartfelt sharing and intentional speaking/listening
- Authentic connection with others on the path
- Affirmation, invocations, and declarations
- Creative and expressive arts activities*
*No previous expressive arts or movement experience required.
Each session is lovingly curated to meet you where you’re at with lots of time for rest, stillness, and self-care built into each session. This safe and loving space can be an extension of your self-care practices. Together, we allow for our experience and meet what’s alive in each moment with an open mind and a courageous heart. Every session includes meaningful homework to help anchor learning and insight back into your own life.
Group 1: Six Monday Evenings 7:00-9:00 p.m. (6:50 arrival)
- October 15th and 29th
- November 5th and 19th
- December 3rd and 17th.
Located in a beautiful and uplifting space: Solepath Institute (1329 – 8th Avenue S.E. Calgary, Canada)
Space is limited to assure a high-quality experience. This is a closed group with a set number of spaces. This means that when you sign up, you’re claiming one of these spots and committing to attending each session. You’ll be ‘traveling’ with a group of new friends who are also on a healing journey. Registration is required to secure your spot.
NAME YOUR PRICE: $375-575
- 6 enriching and insightful live sessions
- membership and connection with a healing tribe
- live guidance and facilitation by an experienced guide
- all materials for expressive arts activities
- educational materials, handouts, and resources
- reflection questions and homework assignments
- email access to facilitator throughout
- safe space to feel, be, and explore
- complimentary herbal tea
With experienced Facilitator and Initiation Guide Marie-Ève Bonneau
This work is beautiful and powerful. I can’t wait to share it with you! It is my great honor to be part of your healing journey.
Every aspect of this program is carefully curated to provide the most benefit possible to you—the brave soul that I’m honored to serve. This program is inspired by my own healing journey and successful recovery from a 7+ year chronic illness. You can read more about my story here.
I look forward to sharing this effective* and inspiring body of work with you. I’ve put my whole heart into it because I know the importance of doing the inner work—mind, heart, and soul—for true healing to happen. I also know firsthand what it’s like to suffer long and hard and want to offer you all the insight that helped me to make it to the other side of my own chronic illness experience.
*This program has been peer-reviewed in an Educational Psychology course at the University of Calgary in August 2018 as part of my Masters in Counselling coursework. This group program is informed by current literature and evidence-based research in posttraumatic growth that shows that meaning-making and social support catalyze personal-growth in the face of extreme adversity like chronic illness.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sliding scale pricing is provided to increase accessibility. Participants decide what they want to pay within a set range; no questions asked. Fees are informed by the fee schedule provided by the Psychologists' Association of Alberta.
No one is turned away due to lack of funds. If you'd like to join and are unable to afford the lowest fee please email email@example.com to discuss alternate arrangements.
- Cancellations: For cancellations before the first session, a refund will be issued in full (minus a 20% administration fee). Once group begins there are no cancellation and no refunds. (Exceptions may be made and are determined on a case-by-case basis.)
This group is not a substitute for medical or psychological care and is not a suitable option for those who are in crisis. Sessions are not used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or psychological disorder. Being a member of the 'Embracing Illness as Soul-Initiation' group process does not replace individualized health care from medical/psychological professionals. You agree to consult with your health care provider for any of your specific medical or psychological problems.
The information provided in the registration process for Embracing Illness as Soul-Initiation and in all correspondences, is used solely for the purpose of supporting you, the client, in the best way possible. All information provided is kept strictly confidential.